Updated: Apr 16, 2022
East is the dealer.
1. Should East open 2♠?
2. If East opens 2♠, how should West proceed?
3. If West chooses to invite to game, which bid should be used to invite?
4. If the contract is 4♠, what should South lead?
Scroll down for the full hand, a solution and/or explanation
1. Open 2♠. The suit quality is poor. However, extra distribution and the honors concentrated in clubs compensates.
2. West should invite to 4♠ using a conventional 2NT bid. Only supporting to 3♠ is not an invitational bid.
3. South should either lead a diamond or a club. Avoid leading your singleton in the trump suit. Avoid tackling a suit with unsupported ace (hearts).